Confidence is an attractive quality most people desire. It comes from within but is often a reflection of what someone feels on the outside. Seeing an Orthodontist for your child between 8 – 8 ½ years of age may be the best thing for their long-term confidence. Many early orthodontic treatments also allow correction of problems that may be more complex to fix later in life.
Why see an Orthodontist?
- An Orthodontist is a dental specialist who has had 3 years additional training at University.
- Orthodontists specialise in the diagnosis and treatment of dental irregularities.
- An Orthodontist will design a customised treatment plan to create a beautiful smile by correctly aligning the teeth, jaws and bite.
Here are some signs to keep an eye out for… If you notice any of these signs in your child/children, please contact the team at Mehta Orthodontics today to book a consultation appointment with Dr Mehta. You don’t even need a referral!
- Early, late or irregular loss of baby teeth
- Difficulty in chewing or biting
- Mouth breathing
- Protruding teeth
- Thumb sucking beyond the age of 5
- Underbite or overbite
- Crowded, crooked or misplaced teeth
- Jaws and teeth that are out of proportion to the rest of the face